Blake Brogan is a Senior Wealth Strategist at Money Insights, a boutique planning firm that provides non-traditional approaches to financial freedom. As Senior Wealth Strategist, Blake is in charge of planning dynamic wealth-building strategies for their high-income clients. In addition to working with Money Insights, Blake is also a Principal at Brogan, Reed, Van Gorder & Associates, a financial firm that’s been running for over 80 years. He also co-founded Brogan Wealth Strategies, an entrepreneur-focused wealth strategizing business that seeks to optimize its clients’ alternative investing.
Blake joins me to describe where he found his passion for wealth management and why he decided to pursue a career in financial advising. He explains why most retirement plans revolve too much around saving and why it’s not a sustainable approach from a financial freedom viewpoint. He shares actionable advice on how to prepare for retirement today and discusses why parking your hard-earned money in banks is the last thing you should do when you’re still working. Blake also shares his best advice for creating wealth and describes how his father influenced his career decisions.
“A business creating cash flow is the way to get financial freedom.” – Blake Brogan
This week on the Expensive Advice Podcast:
- How I met Blake and our working relationship
- What Blake’s journey was like as a wealth advisor
- How Blake learned money management and the people he helps
- Why Blake’s upbringing was not textbook
- Getting to the age where the primary concern is running out of money
- What financial freedom means for an entrepreneur
- The best financial strategy for retirement
- Why parking your money in banks isn’t advisable
- What Blake suggests is the best way to create wealth
- What it was like to work with Blake’s father
Connect with Blake Brogan:
Turning Boring Money into FUN Money
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Expensive Advice. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more listeners, like you.