Megan Bowen is the Chief Operating Officer at Refine Labs, a demand accelerator for B2B SaaS companies. She describes herself as a problem solver, customer advocate, and operator with an extensive record of building and leading teams to success. As COO, her leadership style revolves around team empowerment and accountability while creating a culture of vulnerability, kindness, and empathy. Megan is also the co-host of the podcast, Talent Destination, which explores the hidden art of building the kind of company your team will love.
Megan joins me today to describe her role as COO and how she and CEO Chris Walker work to optimize Refine Labs from the inside out. She explains her leadership style and how she complements Chris. She discusses team building and how leaders can ensure each member can have a say in the direction the company is heading. She shares why hybrid work is more challenging to apply than fully remote work. Megan also describes what’s in store for Refine Labs and herself in the future.
“When you’re disappointed and your expectation is not met, ask yourself ‘did I ever clearly communicate this to the other person?’” – Megan Bowen
This week on the Expensive Advice Podcast:
- Megan’s career, accolades, and how the pandemic led her to join Refine Labs
- Megan’s leadership style
- Megan’s philosophies on building a company
- How the COO can complement the CEO’s talents
- Getting the team to not depend solely on their leader for direction
- Establishing proper communication during conflicts
- Megan’s advice for when a team member disappoints
- Why hybrid work is more challenging to manage than remote
- Why Megan wanted to team up with Chris from the beginning
- What the future looks like for Megan and Refine Labs
Connect with Megan Bowen:
Turning Boring Money into FUN Money
Thanks for tuning into this week’s episode of Expensive Advice. If you enjoyed this episode, please subscribe and leave a review wherever you get your podcasts.
Be sure to share your favorite episodes on social media to help us reach more listeners, like you.